How to create an Oracle VirtualBox host-only network adapter in Windows 7

By Jag - August 19, 2013

How to create an Oracle VirtualBox host-only network adapter in Windows 7

Yesterday I have downloaded Sample Application OVM for OBIEE 11.1.1.5 and while I was configuring SampleApp_V107 with Oracle VirtualBox, I have noticed VirtualBox host-only network adapter was not created. And I got below error message, when I add an VirtualBox host-only network adapter thru VirualBox console(GUI)

"Failed to create host-only network interface"

To solve this problem, I have to create an Oracle VirtualBox host-only network adapter with following steps

1. From Control Panel, Add New Hardware  (New network adapter)

2. Click Have Disk; (point it to C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\drivers\network\netadp\VBoxNetAdp.inf)

3. Select VirtualBox Host-only Ethernet Adapter

4. OKay to install the unsigned driver

After completed instation, go to Oracle VM VirtualBox console and choose Preference network and add an VirturalBox host-only network adapter.



Again I have started SampleApp_V107 through OVM, its coming up without having any problem and working fine my OBIEE 11.1..5 sample applications
  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments